THIS KIT IS NOW SHIPABLE WITH LYE*.
* Please note, however, that due to the specific nature of lye (considered a hazardous material), it is a special shipment. Special delivery rates are therefore applied: standard delivery price + an additional charge of $26.30. This rate is non-negotiable and cannot be modified.
Our cold process soap making kit will explain, step by step, how to safely make soap with lye using the cold process method. All ingredients are pre-weighed making this kit perfect for beginners.
The soap making kit contains:
- 2 pots of lye (sodium hydroxyde), pre-weighed (2x74g)
- 2 pots of organic Oil Blend (olive, coconut, palm, castor), pre-weighed (2x487g)
- 2 portions of organic shea butter, pre-weighed (2x40g)
- 2 pairs of non-latex gloves
- 2 mineral colorant sachets (iron oxides or ultramarines)
- 8 plastic moulds, 4 rectangles and 4 ovales
- 2 (15 ml) bottles of the essential oil blend or aromatic essence of your choosing
The kit produces 2 batches of 715g of soap each, making approximately 16 90g soaps, before cure.
Ingredients (in ordre of importance) : Organic olive oil, Organic coconut oil, Organic palm oil, Sodium hydroxide, Organic Shea butter, Organic Castor oil, Colorants (iron oxides or ultramarines).
INCI : Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Sodium hydroxide, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Iron oxides and/or Ultramarines.
WHAT YOU NEED (not included in the kit):
- Stainless steel mixing bowl
- Pot or 1.5L stainless steel bowl to melt oils
- Stainless steel mixing spoon or heat resistant plastic
- Silicone spatule
- A Pyrex measuring cup of at least 500ml
- Safety glasses
- Stove or hotplate
- Cooking Thermometer with a minimum of 35 °C à 60 °C (100 °F à 150 °F)
- 1 pipette to measure essential oils (optional)
- 1 immersion blender
- White vinegar (to neutralize caustic splashes)
- 2 x 74g of sodium hydroxyde if you order the kit without NaOH + a scale to weigh.
- Quantities are limited to 4.